Jump To:

Monday, January 14, 2013

Hair: Organix Revisited (First Impression Review)

I haven't used the Organix brand since I've been relaxer free and it will be three years this summer. It was one of the first conditioners I tried. It was the Coconut Milk conditioner and I remember using it as a co-wash and not liking the results, incidentally, that is what put me off to co-washing until recent.

Anyways, I was online looking for different hair products, mainly rinse out conditioners and concluded that I would just stay in the Tresemme family. So how'd I end up with Organix, well that is because no Walgreens or Walmart sold this specific Tresemme conditioner, so I remembered that my cousin tried this conditioner and loved it so I said what the hell, I'll give it a try.

The following thoughts & opinions are mine and mine alone....


Looking at the ingredients, its not a bad product. Plus the fact that it is repairing, I figured I couldn't lose. What I wanted to do was an overnight condition, which actually turned into a 11 1/2 hour condition but still way longer then my normal. I didn't do anything outside normal, the only thing I did was add a little coconut oil directly to the conditioner which is not a big deal since there is already coconut oil in it.

I washed with a non sulfate shamp, sectioned into four sections, applied conditioner to each section, detangled, put on a plastic cap then my satin cap and called it a night. I was hoping for something similar to what my Tresemme does in the short amount of time I have it in my hair. The first thing I noticed was the texture of the conditioner. I did not like it at all. It has a creamy texture. Real watery, runny and all around messy.

Rinsing was the same, cool water. What I am about to say next is the reason I left Organix a lone three years ago. My hair was not moisturized at all. There was no difference in the way my hair felt then if I would had just rinsed 5 mins after applying it. Whats crazy is, my Tresemme stays in just the duration of my shower and when I rinse my hair is so soft and feels so moisturized.

Now don't get me wrong, it does have some good qualities. The smell was nice and it gave good slip. Well, maybe not a laundry list of good qualities.

Bottom line: will I purchase again? No. Price point was fine, but it did not give me great results. Now since I have a brand new bottle of course I will have to use it, so if anything changes I will let you know, but as of right now I didn't like it.

No comments: