Jump To:

Monday, January 17, 2011

Hair: Mixed Chicks

This is my product review on Mixed Chicks. I had been hearing about this product and wanted to give it a try. Big up's to Wendi (check her out in the video) for sending over these products to me! Mixed Chicks was created by Wendi Levy and Kim Etheredge. The products that were sent over to me were the shampoo, deep conditioner, leave in conditioner and the hair silk (which I will use in the AM).  So I used the products as instructed and below are my results.

 



This is the Mixed Chicks shampoo. The first thing I will tell you, if you are all about the ingredients in shampoos, then you should know that this shampoo contains two types of lauryl sulfates, which can be drying to the hair because it strips it. This shampoo will NOT leave your hair feeling dry or stripped. My hair felt very clean and moisturized, which is not normal for my hair after a shampoo. It smelled really good. I was extremely happy with this product.

After the shampoo, you move on to the deep conditioner. I looove conditioners!!! This one is awesome, hands down. I may even like it a little more then the Mizani True Textures Curl Replenish. It is super thick, which was a huge plus for me. It made detangling really easy. It didnt feel like my hair was weighed down at all, it didnt make it feel dry or hard, I know some of the people on youtube were having some issues with that. Another thing that really got me with this, my bangs are little coarser then the rest of my hair, and usually with wash outs, this section still looks coarse and dry, but with this deep conditioner I didnt have that problem! The ingredients didnt look bad, no silicones or mineral oils. Overall, this was good!

This is the Mixed Chicks Leave-In. I was pleased with this as well. It wasnt as thick as the Deep Conditioner, that was probably my only hang up. Just because I love thick conditioners. I did as I normally do, leave my hair soaking water. I sectioned my hair in four and applied to each section and did my second detangle. Again I didnt have any dry areas. I do love this conditioner. Again nothing horrible in it. It has jojoba oil which is good. And it dries fast. I am sooo happy with this.

This is Hair Silk. I havent used it, I will use it tomorrow to take down my braids. It promises to control frizz and give me shine. So I will use it tomorrow and come back to update.

Over all, this line is whats up. For me to even consider another line over Mizani is really saying something. Because I <3 Mizani. The only hang I can see is some "naturals" may have a problem with the fact that the line is not 100% natural ingredients. But whatever works in your hair, and this works in my hair. Mixed Chicks also have a kids and men's line. I also suggest you check out the videos I posted one featuring Wendi and one featuring Kim. I would recommend this line no questions.  I am also posting some additional photos below!


After washing and deep condition.
Deep Conditioner..thick!








No comments: