Jump To:

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hair: Curl Care by Dr. Miracle's

I got an email about 2 or 3 weeks ago to try the new natural hair products from Dr. Miracle's. Despite my past issues with this brand, I was excited to try this line. I got it the night before last, so this is really an "first impressions" review.

Before I get to the review, let me tell you a little about the brand. The line is free of sodium, sulfates, parabens and phthalates. The line contains natural ingredients and oils. It has jojoba, coconut and safflower oils, aloe and panthenol. They use the word "guarantee" a couple of times in the press release so their promising great results. It is "guaranteed" to hold curls for up to 12 hours.

The line consists of six products a shampoo, wash out conditioner, a leave in, two cremes and a frizz control. I got all six products. I have put together a vid of my hair at different points using the products. It shows my before all the way until today! So lets review.





Rehydrating Shampoo ( 12 fl oz. $9.49): Formulated with Vitamins A, E and Panthenol, use this low suds shampoo at least once a week to hydrate curls without stripping essential oils. My review: I never put to much into shampoos, for the most part they all do what they are suppose to which is cleanse the hair. I will say the one thing I disagree with is the low suds, I thought it lathered up pretty good considering it is sulfate free. As you will see on the vid. At lease compared to my other sulfate free low suds shamps.

Nourishing Conditioner (12 fl oz. $9.49): Blended with Coconut, Jojoba and Vitamin E to moisturize, condition and soften each curl. Use this conditioner as a follow up to our Rehydrating Shampoo. My review: Anything with coconut in it, I think my hair will love. This conditioner wasn't thick, but it wasn't watery either. I liked the feel of it. Something else I think naturals look for in a conditioner is if it has a good slip. In other words can I detangle with it in my hair? I will say that this conditioner does have good slip, I was able to detangle my hair with it very easily. My hair did feel good afterwards, I could get my fingers through no problem. Now, keep in mind this is Dr. Miracle's meaning the "feel it formula" is apart of this line as well. I did have the same problem with this conditioner as I did the last. If you remember the tingling was a bit too much, the same with this. I did actual stick my head under the water twice, it is just a bit too much for me. Other then that, I do like this conditioner so much that I may tolerate the tingling.

Frizz Control Serum (4 fl oz. $8.99): Rich in Vitamin A and Olive Oil, use this lightweight, non greasy serum to fight tough humidity and curl shrinkage while it smooths and adds shine. I have yet to try this product.

Soft Hold Creme (12 oz. $9.49): Formulated with Aloe to soften and improve elasticity, use this styling creme to individually define and hold curls. Perfect for styling two strand twists or other natural styles. My review: I have to say this is my favorite from the line. I used this after the Boosting & Defining Leave In Conditioner to do my flat twists and with I took them down for the twist out, my curls were super defined. I had a girl in my Psych class ask me if my hair was real I guess because of how defined the curls were. Even more impressive then day one curls are day two curls. All I did was tie my hair up and go to sleep, today when I took the scarf off I simply gave my hair a shake, did a little fluff and it looked it did yesterday. I didn't have to add any product to my hair. It feel soft and full. My hair doesnt feel overly moisturized, but it doesn't feel dry either. I love this product and will be including it in my regimen when I do twists outs.

Weightless Moisturizing Creme (8 oz. $8.99): Blended with Coconut & Vitamin E, use this lightweight, fast absorbing creme to moisturize and add a natural shine while styling curls. I have yet to use this product.

Boosting & Defining Leave In Conditiner (8 fl oz. $8.99): Infused with Jojoba and Proteins, this leave in conditioner detangles hair into soft, bouncy curls, helping to add definition to your curls. My review: This is another favorite of mine. It wasn't like most leave in's, it reminded me of a defining gel. It left my curls very defined and bouncy. My hair wasn't crunchy at all. I could have stopped there actually and did my flat twists. This is a really great product for wash n go style.

Over all, I am very impressed with this line. Price wise, it is about the same as any other Dr. Miracle's products. The packaging was simple, nothing overly done. I like that the instructions continue on, like their other products, it tells you what to use next. I like that because sometimes with an entire line, you never know what to follow up with after a certain product, so that was very helpful. There was still that medicated smell, it was more over powering to me when I used the conditioner, I kind of teared up a little. The other products had a hint of the smell. The one thing I did notice is that the products that I used, have to be used on wet hair so it looks like they maybe formulated more so for wash n go styles. I co-wash my hair every other day so that wouldnt be a problem for me, the Weightless Moisturizing Creme from what I can tell is the only product that does not require you to have wet hair, the serum does also. I would recommend this line to a new natural or a natural looking to try something new. The entire line would retail at about $55.44 if that is not doable then definitely try the cremes and the leave in. I am not going to be pushing for day 3 hair, especially since I have classes tomorrow, it is a co-wash night so I will use the Weightless Moisturizing Creme this time to do my twists and I will comeback and let you know how that turned out!

This line will be available March 2012 at local beauty chains, beauty supplies store and online.

For more information on this product as well as other Dr. Miracle products, visit their website at http://www.drmiracles.com/

No comments: