Jump To:

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hair: Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment

The other day I got up the nerve to buy and use the Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment. I had heard mixed reviews about it and figured since my hair has never has a protein treatment, it was time I had one.

My hair is not badly damaged. I use heat...a lot, and have suffered from some heat damage because of it. Doing some research, I discovered that heat breaks down the proteins in your hair, so I figured if I am going to be breaking down the proteins, then I need to replace them and so I bought this and the Aphogee Keratin and Tea Tree Spray.

The first thing that got me was the fact that the small bottle cost me like almost $7. Ok pass that, I pour the contents into a spray bottle because it is liquid. Your hair must be wet and freshly washed. I sectioned my hair into sections and began to apply the treatment.

I had always heard regardless of the review, that the smell is horrible. Well I didnt notice it in the bottle, but my goodness. As I was spraying it the smell was horrendous. It was like nothing I have smelled in my life. It began to harden almost immediately. The spray is messy and it gets everywhere.

Ok, the word in the streets is that you could notice results after the first use. Well, needless to I didnt notice any "first time" results. The only thing I notice is that my hair wasnt as frizzy after I washed it as it usually is. BUT, that alone is NOT enough for me to pay $7 per use and dealing with the nasty that is this product. This is the third Aphogee product that I have been disappointed in. I am down to the the spray, if I dont see anything with this, I am just gonna chuck it up to this line is not for me.

So in the end, I will not be purchasing this product again. Big up's to the peeps who hair it works in. I think I am just going to do a lighter protein treatment.

No comments: