Jump To:

Friday, December 30, 2011

Hair: Mizani Scalp Care

Went to Walmart this pass Wednesday, as you know I am restocking my hair products. I am such a huge fan of the Mizani line. I ended up buying the Mizani Scalp Care Shampoo and Conditioner.  I was already looking for something to help with my itchy scalp, I was co-washing three times a week and shampooing once a week. I was looking to maybe extend the days between washing, especially when I am wearing my hair straight. 

Ok, so lets get started with the review. First up is the shampoo. This shampoo claims to eliminate scalp flaking, scaling and itching, moisturize the hair and scalp and remove excessive bacteria.

The directions: For best results use at least twice a week or as directed by a physician.  Shake well. Wet hair and apply 1-2 ounces throughout the entire head. Message vigorously. Leave on scalp for 1-3 minutes. Rinse well. Repeat is necessary.

So, I did just that. I didnt section my hair like I normally do, no real reason other than being lazy. The shampoo does have sulfate in it. It is a creamy shampoo. Kind of thick. My hair was very tangled. It gave me a slight tingle right before I rinsed it out, but nothing too bad. It has a medicated smell to it. Again, nothing too bad. It has cucumber extract and peppermint oil which I'm sure is where the tingle comes from. Aside from being tangled, my hair felt clean. It really didnt feel striped like it normally would using a sulfate shampoo.

So conditioners are where a bulk of my money is spent as far as hair products go. Shampoos for the most part, do what they say, they cleanse. Conditioners, they are the bread and butter.

The Mizani Scalp Care Conditioner, the claim is: eliminates recurrence of scalp flaking, scaling and itching and restores moisture balance.

The directions: For best results use at least twice a week or as directed by a physician. Shake bottle well. Wet hair and apply 1-2 ounces throughout the entire head. Message gently into hair and scalp. Cover hair with plastic cap and leave in for 10 minutes. Rinse well. Towel dry. Style as desired.

This conditioner is a thick, creamy white conditioner. I applied it just as directed by the bottle. I then detangled. It has pretty good slip, not great, but decent. I applied it focusing on my scalp and then my hair. It gives a tingle. Not bad. It was a bit more intense then the shampoo. Again, like the shampoo, it has a medicated scent. After my 10 minutes, I rinsed the conditioner out using cool water. The bottle doesnt say warm or cool. My hair felt moisturized. And it doesnt leave a medicated smell on your hair, AND I didnt have to re-rinse my hair like I had to with a different product from a different brand.

As I a writing this review, it is now day 2 since my shampoo day. It is also my co-wash day. Normally by co-wash day I am scratching skin off my scalp (well, not really, but close). However, I am not. It actually just started to give me a slight itch. See this is just another reason why I am a huge fan of the Mizani line. This is for sure going to be my new shamp and conditioner. I'll use the thermal shampoo when I know there is a flat iron day coming up. I dont think I will be using it twice a week like directed simply because I dont want to apply sulfate to my hair twice a week.

The cost of both of these products together cost me a little over $24. My Walmart salon had Mizani BOGO 50%. I think she said until 12/31, I'm not sure. People argue that Mizani is expensive, but if you want quailty product you have to spend what you have to spend. I think it is totally worth it. I do recommend this product to anyone, relaxed or natural, if dry and itchy scalp is your problem then this is the product you need. I would check into it now in case the sale is over on the 31st cause Mizani hardly ever goes on sale here.



3 comments:

Lifecell skin care said...

Healthy and beautiful hair adds much more to the beauty of a person. It is very essential to take care hair as well as the skin. You have shared the great idea about to take car of hair. Thanks a ton!!!

BMarie said...

I agree that haircare is just as important as skincare. I hope by blogging my hair journal and products it helps someone. Thank u for stopping by.

Defense Soap said...

Healthy hair depends only good diet.If you are taking a good diet than you will get healthy hair.I actually like what you've acquired here, really like what you're stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart. This is really a great web site.