Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hair: Hair Rules Kinky Curling Cream

Ok, this product review you will have to take my word for because I have no pics! Dont ask. Anyways, this is on the Kinky Curling Cream from Hair Rules. I had never heard of this brand before I watched Taren916's video in which she is using the entire line. You can click HERE to see that vid. Now as far as cleansing and conditioning, I have my staple products, but I am always open to new styling products. Just so happens I was in ULTA and seen the line. So I said wth, I'll give it a go.

REVIEW:

The first thing I notice was the price. Goodness, it is pricey. The pic you are seeing is the size of the bottle I have. It is a 2 oz bottle and it cost me $9. Now I get that New Yorkers are probably used to shopping like that, but Im in IL. So that was a negative for me. But I bought it anyways. 
This product is for wash and go type styles, and I dont do wash and go's anymore. So this product sat for a while and then the day before yesterday I washed my hair because I was a day behind and it was itching like crazy, so I decided to try this product. 

THE PRODUCT:

The instructions say to use in the shower because your hair has to be soaking wet. Well since I section my hair, it stays pretty wet so I didnt use it in the shower. What I did was I detangled each section as I went along. I applied the product and combed it through and twisted my hair for a twist out. I didnt use any other styling product because I wanted to give this one a fair shot. I then sat under my bonnet dryer attachment and after a while it was about 95% dry. So the other 5% air dried.

THE RESULTS:

Since I aired dried, I ended up taking my hair down at my MIL's house. The curl that I got was A-MAZING. I didnt stretch my roots out like I normally do. I had very little shrinkage. I have really good movement. I didnt have to fluff as much, but I dont know if that is because I didnt stretch my roots or what.
OVERALL:

Overall, I think this product is great. There were some issues, not huge ones, but issues none the less. It is waaay to rich for my blood. In other words, for a 2 oz bottle, it is $9. Thats too damn much. Granted its a good buy, but its too much. Secondly, my hair normally dries pretty fast with a leave in. After being under a dryer for quite a bit, I still had some damp spots. And it doesnt leave my hair feeling overly mositurized. It didnt feel dry, but its not how Im used to it feeling. Now on the other hand, it has great stay power. I didnt twist my hair last night, I just tied it up and this morning I took my satin cap off and I did add some of my Rose H2O and just ran my fingers through it. It looks, to me, better then day one. Im not gonna twist my hair for tonight, since tomorrow is shampoo day, so we will see what day 3 hair looks like. My hair feels soft. Would I buy this product again? I would if it was on a gift card. Lol. And it would have to be enough that I could get a big bottle so I wouldnt run out. Would I recommend this product? Yes! Everyone's hair is different. But I think that is what this line is about. It is not just for natural hair gals, it has products for straight hair as well.

Go check out the site at www.hairrules.com. You can learn more about the brand and the salon. You can also purchase the products. 

Also go and check out Taren916. I love her channel, I am a sub. She has another vid of her in the Hair Rules Salon getting her hair did. You can click HERE for that.

DISCLAIMER: THE PRODUCT IN THIS REVIEW WAS PURCHASED WITH MY OWN MONEY.

No comments: