Jump To:

Friday, April 27, 2012

Hair: Pony Puff w/ Bangs

This is how I wore my hair today. A pony puff with bangs. I guess I shouldnt call this a "how to" because I am more then sure that you all know how to create a pony puff.

The thing with pony puffs is you want them to look full and big, well at least I do, and if your hair is fine like mine, it maybe a problem. But I have a solution.

Here is the quick and easy way to give the illusion of a big n full pony puff with fine hair.


I started with a day old dry twist out. I applied a mixture of Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothing & Curl & Style Milk to the bangs and did five twists and rodded the ends. I did this kind of early in the morning.

Next, I applied a little water around my edges, just so the gel would smooth better and not flake. I used Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel and went over my edges.

After that, I used bobby pins, not hair pins, to hold up the back and the sides ONLY. Do all your smoothing of your edges now.

I than used a regular stretchy head band w/o the metal and put it over the hair pins. This will also hold in place the front part of the puff.

Lastly, take the twist out the front. Play with your bangs until you get them to your liking. I pinned mine down and over.

 As thin/fine as my hair is, doing it this way gives me the full looking puff that I wanted. I wore it all day, I got a ton of compliments and the head band never slipped up. Here is a angled view of my puff. 

Here is a sideview.

Hope you like it! I think I have a new "go to" hairstyle.

No comments: