Jump To:

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Havana Twist: My New Old Protective Style and Product Review

Ok, now that you have read about my hate for box braids I want to tell you about my new/old protective style, my havana twists. I love these so much mainly because they are easy to take out and reinstall when I want to deep condition or whatever my hair. And I can do them myself!

Real quick let me tell you about the hair I used, its called Bally and I used five bags 3 in a #1 (black) and 2 in BUR ( burgundy). I used the color underneath. I love this hair and I love the way it came out. The only thing is, the color hair wasnt like the black. It didnt stretch right, something I dont know. But anyhow, like I said, I love the look. I used three strands to make them full. I didnt do the invisible knot look, I am not a fan. I just think the grow out is messy and I really dont care about them looking natural, I did it to protect my hair. 
 









My next installment, I think I will have to use more bags just because cutting the hair in half, my hair is as long as the half once I bend it to twist.
So now a short product review. If you recall I did a unboxing of my December Curlkit and one of the samples was from a company called Naturalista Cosmetics. 0

It was a whipped shea butter situation. I was so excited to try it. So I used it as a moisturizer for my hair before I added the Bally hair and right away I could see the shine.

When I initially got this sample there wasnt any info on the ingredients, but I got onto the website and ingredients include, shea butter, aloe vera, castor  jojoba oil, avocado oil, hemp, coconut oil, olive oil and glycerin. This stuff smells amazing, like cookies. I literally smelled it every time I used it.

The site says it is not to be combed through your hair it is just for a styling add. I used it so my hair can have some moisture while its on its hair-cation.

Pricing: 4oz $12.99, 8oz $22.98 and a 16oz $ 45.98. Shipping in the US for the item is $7.40 and $22.99 in other countries. I didnt see it on Curlkit's website but that doesnt mean it's not there. I am loving this product. Especially for something like a protective style. 






No comments: