Jump To:

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hair: Cantu Shea Butter Braidout

Happy Sunday!! I hope everyone's weekend went well. The kids here are going back to school tomorrow!!! You have no idea how thrilled I am, but then again if you have preteen girls, then maybe you do. Any who, the photos you are about to see is my Cantu Shea Butter braidout. I normally do french braid, braidouts or cornrows (whatever), but I decided I wanted to do individual braids. The look is very, very close to my own natural curl just more tamed.

What I did last night was, I washed my hair with Mizani True Texture Curl Balance (I think is the name), and I used Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner. While my hair was wet, I applied all over the Cantu Shea Butter, and then applied it on each section. I cant use oils or heavy products, my hair is thin, so I over condition.

I then did six big braids in the back or two rows of three. The crown had medium to small braids and then around my face were small braids.
So this is me starting to take the braids down this morning. I was almost late for Church. You gotta get up pretty early to finish this. Lol.


Here are the braids all the way down. This is before I seperated them. I noticed when I was taking them down that the shea butter left my hair a little dull, and the reason is because my air was beginning to dry and I applied so much shea butter.

I used three pumps of Mixed Chicks Hair Silk. It feels oily, but it is not heavy on my hair at all. The first two pumps were what I applied all over and the last one I applied in sections.

Here is the finally look. Ignore the crazy eyes, I was trying to focus my phone camera. In the end I love the look, it last all day which hardly happens for me. Depending on how you sleep, you maybe able to get away with a bonnet or a satin scarf. I think that I will be re-braiding it tonight just to be on the safe side.




No comments: