Jump To:

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Books: Gangsta Twist 1 & 2

The reviews are in!!! I have not only just finished up reading Clifford Johnson's Gangsta Twist 1 BUT I just finished reading his Gangsta Twist 2. So, lets get started with GT1.

If you recall I started this book on the 7th of this month and I finished it the day before yesterday which was the 9th. Not because it was short, but because I couldnt put it down. This book is the perfect example of how you should never stop at the cover or the back of the book.

Taz and his crew Keno, Bob, Wild Bill, Bo-Pete and Red go on missions to shake down drug dealers for their "work" and their money. The missions are set up by Won, an O.G who enjoys getting over on his competitors. He knows that the only way for him to stay on top is to get rid of the ones in his way.

 Taz hooks up with Sacha Carbajal, a successful attorney who puts everything she is into her man and their relationship. Every event in this book comes back full circle. Taz finds himself caught between trying to keep his promise to his crew by not telling the love of his life how he really gets down and not fully lying to her. He also finds himself caught between being a father and living by the streets.

This book is a true page turner. You will definitely find yourself gasping out loud as the story goes on. You will fall in love with the love between Sacha and Taz. The only thing I didnt like about this book is to me, it wasnt written well. Meaning, there was somethings that were worded funny to me. Somethings were too detailed while others where detailed wrong. But easily overlooked because the story as a whole is off the chain.

Once I found out that there was a Gangsta Twist 2, I was all over it. I couldnt wait to have it delivered so I ordered it to my Kindle. Gangsta Twist 1 left a lot of unanswered questions that were finally being answered in the sequel. Although GT2 has its own set of questions that need to be answered.

This is where it really gets deep. This is where Taz's closest relationships are tested. He is in a battle for his daughter's heart with the man who he believes to be responsible for the death of one of his closet friends. The streets are hot and they are about to get even hotter as the body count continues to grow. Taz doesnt know how much more he can take as he is watching his crew fall apart.

As the story continues, you have to pay attention, because by the end there will be somethings that are totally unexpected. Something I sure as hell didnt see coming at all.

This book I had read in a day! It was that good. The only thing that pissed me off is that, even though GT1 question were answered, GT2 leaves you asking questions as well. Which means there needs to be a Gansta Twist 3. I would love to see how Sacha and Taz are doing along with the rest of the characters in the book. Also, I do believe he changed Sacha's last name in this one. In GT1 it was Carbajal and then in GT2 it was Epps that was weird. Cliff did not disappoint at all with GT2. It definitely will draw you in and keep you there.

Overall, I will HIGHLY recommend both books for a great read. Gangsta Twist 1 can be found at Walmart or Walmart.com, I paid $11.96 in the store, as well as Amazon.com. Gangsta Twist 2 can be found as well at Walmart.com or Amazon.com.

No comments: